This holiday weekend, area residents are getting a painful object lesson in the dangers of not properly disposing of fireworks or other flaming materials.
Emporia firefighters are investigating after a house fire on the east side of town Saturday.
One major infrastructure project is underway in Emporia. Three more are coming later this year.
Tickets are going on sale very soon for a special performance at the upcoming Lyon County Fair.
Thankfully, all 21 residents of Sterling House made it out safely after fire developed there late Friday night.
Unfortunately, they all need a new place to call home after fire destroyed the building.
Thousands of people headed to Emporia State University to enjoy the city's annual fireworks show. And they had a lot to enjoy.
Even before the destructive fire at Sterling House, Emporia firefighters had a busy end to the Fourth of July holiday.