On this Week’s Show
- Recap of the Fishing’s Future clinic at the Great Plain Nature Center, Wichita. This exciting new program activity for those who want to learn the basics of fishing will be part of Bluestem Farm and Ranch’s 11th annual Wildlife Appreciation and Conservation Days in Emporia, September 6-7.
Please call Phil, 620-794-5373, for more information concerning the Emporia Fishing’s Future chapter.
Kevin Reich, FF master angler, Salina, Doug Nygren KDWPT fisheries department and Shane Wilson FF president and founder gave a very informative presentation to those who attended the Fishing’s Futures “train the trainer” clinic at the Great Plains Nature Center, Wichita. Photo by Kevin Reich
Shane Wilson shows a future master angler a new lure casting activity designed to help new anglers learn how to cast and work their presentation. Phil will present the Fishing’s Future program to those who attend Bluestem Farm and Ranch’s, Wildlife Appreciation and Conservation Days on September 6 and 7. Photo by Kevin Reich
- Tonya and Codie Carson, Lebo will join us in the station to discuss an event “Just for Women” on September 14th. Tonya is a National Wild Turkey Federation state coordinator for the NWTF Women in the Outdoors WITO program
- Congrats to BS Boys, Chance Brake and Sid Smith who placed first and second during the Midwest Hunt Fest turkey calling contest held last weekend in Century II, Wichita, sponsored by Turkey Talkers Game Calls.
- Learn how to clean a catfish. BSboysOutdoors
WIO Outdoor and Wildlife Appreciation Contest
What’s in Outdoors loves to get listeners involved in the heritage and traditions of the Great Outdoors.
Please answer (or guess at) this month’s question and perhaps you will be the lucky winner! You can also send us your favorite fish recipe.
True or False
Aquatic nuisance species such as zebra mussels, white perch and asian carp reduce the number and variety of desirable fish in any body of water by diminishing food supplies and degrading habitat
Last Week's Show
- Dale Hines, pictured with Brent Frazee, outdoor editor of the Kansas City Star will join us on the show to discuss striped bass fishing at Wilson Reservior. Fishing for stripers is starting to heat up!
Call Dale at 620-385-0064 for more information on striper fishing at Wilson Reservior.
- A Dog’s Plea….
Anyone who has ever loved dogs can relate to the following plea. Author unknown.
A Dog’s Plea……Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of mine..
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I would lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me learn.
Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.
Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, no longer accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.
Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.
And, my friend, when I am very old and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun. Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave this earth knowing with the last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hands……
- Interviews with Shane Wilson, South Padre Island, Texas concerning the Fishing’s Future clinic at the Great Plains Nature Center in Wichita on August 10th and with Clint McBloom, Turkey Talker Game Calls, who will be hosting a turkey calling clinic during the Midwest Hunt Fest, Century II, Wichita the same day.
- Fishing's Future......more than a sport
The following clip concerns the mission and goal of Fishing’s Future. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFA7LoQQ1JE" style="color:purple">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFA7LoQQ1JE
- Turkey Talker Game Calls will be hosting a turkey calling contest during the Midwest Hunt Fest at Wichita’s Century II. Turkey Talker Game Calls is looking for several youth or adults to sponsor and to take part in this contest on August 10.
If you are interested in being sponsored, call Clint McBroom at 316-641-5946 or look them up on Facebook 'Turkey Talker Game Calls'.
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode