Firefighters made short work of two fires Thursday.
The first occurred at 1212 West Seventh around 9 am. Battalion Chief Rex Fisher says the fire developed in a support post at the front of the porch.
The fire was accidental but likely caused by careless use of smoking materials.
The fire was limited to the support post.
Meanwhile, a mophead caught fire during a re-roofing project at 2401 Graphic Arts shortly before 6:30 pm. Fire Capt. Bill Harmon says the mop was in a bucket on top of the roof when it caught fire for unknown reasons.
Originally, the fire was thought to involve the roof, but Harmon says the roof was untouched.
No injuries were reported with either incident.