Trailer fire develops in Neosho Rapids late Wednesday, rekindles early Thursday

An investigation is underway after fire destroyed a trailer and a nearby shed in Neosho Rapids late Wednesday night.

Fire developed at 302 Main in Neosho Rapids and was called in shortly before 11 pm. Firefighters from Emporia and Hartford-Neosho Rapids were called back to that address shortly after 4:30 am after the fire rekindled and some contents smoldered in the shed.

Undersheriff John Koelsch says neighbors noticed a pop late Wednesday night.

{wbty_audio audio_id="3563" audio_title="Koelsch: Pop"}

The resident, Billy Landis, was not home when the fire developed. A dog inside was rescued by a neighbor before firefighters arrived.

There is currently no word on a cause or an origination point, but both structures are total losses. No injuries were reported.

earl and stelouise sidebar

See what is happening with KVOE