An investigation is underway after fire destroyed a trailer and a nearby shed in Neosho Rapids late Wednesday night.
Fire developed at 302 Main in Neosho Rapids and was called in shortly before 11 pm. Firefighters from Emporia and Hartford-Neosho Rapids were called back to that address shortly after 4:30 am after the fire rekindled and some contents smoldered in the shed.
Undersheriff John Koelsch says neighbors noticed a pop late Wednesday night.
The resident, Billy Landis, was not home when the fire developed. A dog inside was rescued by a neighbor before firefighters arrived.
There is currently no word on a cause or an origination point, but both structures are total losses. No injuries were reported.