headerlogoweb103014

Effort to thaw frozen pipe leads to small fire

Emporia firefighters made quick work of a small fire Monday.

Fire Capt. Harlan Smith says residents were using a space heater to warm frozen pipes in a crawl space at 504 Chestnut.

That action got the siding warm around 12:50 pm. Firefighters found a small piece of wood smoldering.

There was minimal smoke and fire damage.

The resident is listed as Eron Tweedy. Farm and Home manages the house.

See what is happening with KVOE

agviewlogo060315

bdayriversidemock

kvoejobposting

auctions

garage