headerlogoweb103014

Fair
Emporia, KS
47
°F

Fair
Humidity: 74 %
Wind : S at 12 mph

<div style="background-color: #72bcdb;"><a title="rsspump" href="http://news.rsspump.com/">news</a></div>

No injuries reported from dog house fire

A heat lamp caused a dog house to catch fire Sunday morning, but no injuries were reported.

 

Around 11am Sunday morning, Lyon County Rural Fire District 5 and Sheriff's Deputies responded to a call regarding a dog house fire at 430 Commercial in Neosho Rapids. Upon their arrival, they found flames visible inside the dog house, which is apparently built more like a storage shed.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a heat lamp, left on the floor of the shed overnight. No animals or people were injured. Mark and Brenda Martin of Neosho Rapids own the property. Damage is estimated around $2,000.

 

See what is happening with KVOE

kvoejobposting

auctions