No injuries were reported after fire developed in a house in northwest Emporia late Monday night.
Emporia Fire Capt. Rick Peck tells KVOE News firefighters were called out to 2930 Prairie shortly after 11:30 pm.
Audio file failed to load...
The fire was related to a chimney malfunction, although the specifics haven't been determined, and spread to nearby floor joists before fire crews arrived. The resident, Bruce Anderson, had smelled wood earlier in the day but thought that came from a different wood species he was using for the fireplace.